Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Trust in The Lord

Sometimes when we go through tough times it it easy to just give in to the devil and give into our struggle. My biggest struggle these days has been with the addiction to cigarettes. I have pled with The Lord through prayer to release me from my addiction and I have come up with and affirmation to assist me in this fight. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. I say this every time I want to light up a cigarette. Sometimes I still light up and other times I wait.

I have been receiving great encouragement from people who see me trying to quit and are praying for me or offering nice words to me. This helps. What does not help is the beating myself up because I have not been able to achieve my goal. I am scared I will never be able to quit. I am afraid that I will always be a smoker.

My devotional today told me today to trust in The Lord. I may not have quit today but He is working on me. I must have faith when I pray that He has heard my prayer and is answering it. Sometimes these things take time and I need to have trust.

Proverbs 3:5,6 says Trust in The Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

I trust and believe with all of my heart that God will release me from this addiction and I will be a nonsmoker. I just have to have patience and keep my faith.


God Bless
B

No comments:

Post a Comment