Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I AM: A Journey

I am a child of light, a sad reflection of a spike piercing His flesh into a splintering cross.
From my reluctant lips,pour many confessions.
Through spiritual death and divine intervention, I have emerged.
Whispered prayers carried on a roaring wind, heard and answered.

I am of Gaelic ancestral traditions, May baskets presented to denoted summers entrance.
Leprechauns clad in red velvet garb, promising gold and fortunes of large.
Impish ways were my souls birthright, a pale complexion and unearthly foresight.

I am from a mom and a dad whose marriage could not survive the unknowing of oneself and complacent lies.
From this union, two innocent souls arise, dedicated to Christ so they might survive.

I am from an insane cycle of uneducated truths, leaving me heated, battered and bruised.
From mother to daughter each generation passed acceptance of self replaced with a man.
A man with strong arms, and the age of our dads, parading his bonnies all over the land.

I am born of innocence and delivered to wolves, my heart bleeds poison of endless black holes.
The scares on my skin serve to remind me of rats stalking prey by the smell of naivety.

I am of camouflaged war games disguised with a tale, a protector of Americans trained not to fail.
From spit of a Sergeant, and miles afoot, a soldier replaced a feeble female gone aloof.
Integrity and honor now navigate my journey, understanding of diversity and higher learning.

I am a nurturing mother, one that has lost, lessons to be learned at a very high cost.
Through defiant tears and unwedded sin, a son to me is born for us to begin again.
Years on our own, and two husbands pass, my son and I meet our family at last.
Two beautiful babes entrusted to me, sums my count to a glorious three.

I am betrothed by my Father above, to the man of my dreams, the one that I love.
Together we conquer ghosts from the past, to build a foundation, one that will last.
Our souls entwined in a loving embraced, guide me to take my rightful place.






This is a writing from 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment