Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fibromyalgia

So I went to the dr today and he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. He said it is a chronic pain disorder that I will have the rest of my life. I was really hoping that the pain would go away but it looks like it is here to stay. The good thing is that he has given me a pain regimen to talk to my primary care provider about which includes medicines like Lyrica, an antidepressant and Tylenol or Motrin. There were some other medicines on the list but I did not recognize them.

Living with chronic pain makes things very unpleasant. It changes my life patterns to revolve around my pain. If I am not in much pain today I can do this but if I am in pain today I can't do that. What it must be like to live with me. I can't even imagine.

To describe the pain, it hurts to be touched, my legs mostly and my back but my knees and ankles ache at all times like they have been beaten on. It is an excruciating disease that many people just don't understand. I don't even understand it myself. I have some books that the pharmacy tech ga e me to read so I guess I will read up on it and get some of my questions answered.

I pray a lot for God to help me get through the day and without my faith I do not think I could survive. I trust that God has a plan for all of this and I just allow Holy Spirit to lead me through the day.



God Bless
B
 

No comments:

Post a Comment