Monday, September 8, 2014

Daily Devotions

My sister in law and husband bought me a daily devotional because I have been going through a tough time since my three kids have gone to live with their other parents. I have been trying to rely on my relationship with God to get me through these trials. As I was reading my devotion for today it told me to rely on Him even when my life feels out of balance. With three kids missing my life feels really out of balance but the good thing is I know I can rely on my Lord to give me strength and courage to face each day. 

Last night my sister in law shared a story about her mother in law who quit chewing gum because she put it in her mouth before she even thanked God for waking her that day.  So it reminded me this morning to thank God for waking me and giving me life. 

Today I just want to take a moment to thank The Lord for giving me the strength and courage and the breath of life to go through this day. It may not be the day that I dreamed of but it was a day given to me by The Lord. 

This is a day The Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment