Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oh How He Loves Us

In my devotional today I am reminded that God is always available to us. All we have to do is call upon Him. Over the past couple of weeks since the kids have been gone I have felt like He has been  gone from my life when I have needed Him most. It reminds me of a poem that I have always cherished and kept near and dear to my heart.

Footprints in the Sand
 
 
        One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
 
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
 
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
 
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson


What the author has really relayed to me as the reader in this poem is that during my darkest times The Lord is carrying me and that I am not really alone. My devotional has given some scripture on how He is always with us.

  Though the mountains be shaken
    and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
    nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
    says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
Isaiah 54:10

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. Genesis 28:15

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20

We can see from these scriptures that He promises no matter what is happening in our lives he is always with us. 

I was christened as a baby and so I know the Holy Spirit has always been with me guiding me and teaching me and protecting me from my stupid decisions. I may not have always consciously had God with me but my parents had made the decision to keep me protected and turn me over to God so I feel no matter what I went through in life I always had the Holy Spirit to give me a Higher insight even if I did not quite understand what was going on. When I joined the Army in 2003 I chose to get baptized on my own and consciously started learning about spiritual matters and making my free will choices by educating myself on religions with the help of the Holy Spirit. I made some  choices and learned about Wicca, Mormonism, Catholicism, Paganism Hinduism and many other spiritual beliefs before finding that only one way said that the only way to the Father is through the Son and that was Christianity so I figured if I wanted to get to God I better follow that one way. It has been a beautiful journey and I have learned so much and know now more than ever that no matter where my free will choices take me that He loves us and He waits patiently and pursues us diligently to get us on his team. He forgives us with gentle mercy no matter what we do and comforts us during our darkest times. All we have to do is ask. I love my God, Our Father in Heaven just as if He were sitting right here next to me and pray that you do to. Maybe this is your first experience reading about Him and I invite you to ask Him into your heart. He doesn't want you to be alone. All it takes is saying I believe that Jesus died for my sins and you will go through the change. He will be there for you too. Something my husband always says to nonbelievers is If your right and there is no God you have nothing to lose but if I am right and there is a God then you have everything to lose. So let's just assume I am right and there is a God and He wants to be in relationship with you and He loves you and lets have you ask Him into your heart today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment