Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Parade

One of the many charming pleasures of living in a small town is that there is always something going on in one of the surrounding small towns if not in your own. For Labor Day, Kanawha had a parade which was a lot of fun. My husband, son, sister in law Trudy and my parents all went to enjoy the event in the neighboring town.







There were people lined up on both sides of the street anxiously awaiting the start of the parade which always begins with the police and the Vets carrying the flag.  All the surrounding towns put their fire trucks in the parade so if there is a fire I don't know what would happen. lol. Seriously it's only one of them. Many churches have floats and inspire people to get on fire for the Lord.

But you should see the bag of candy my son brought home. He got so much candy. They throw candy from almost every entry in the parade and it is a big deal to get this candy. If you wave at them and are super friendly, you can leave with a lot of loot so of course I put on all my charm so my son can have all kinds of candy. (just what he needs)

Some of my favorite parade entries are the old cars. These old cars run better and look better and are safer than the cars we have out on the road today. I love old cars. So does my dad.  I love listening to my dads stories about his old cars back in his prime.


I love small town life. There is always something going on and the people are so friendly. Communities still get to gather to celebrate and know one another. When I lived in the city this did not happen. In fact I rarely knew my neighbor let alone celebrated with them.

God is so good.

God Bless!
B





No comments:

Post a Comment