Friday, September 19, 2014

Thrift Store Junky

I love going to thrift stores. Yesterday was the bag sale at a neighboring towns local thrift store. They had a great deal where you could fill one bag full of clothes for $7 and get one bag free. I filled two bags full of winter clothes. I was so excited to peruse the store yesterday it was all I could talk about to my husband. It's the bag sale It's the bag sale I proclaimed with a melodic song.

I also like to go junkin, I firmly believe that one woman's trash is another woman's treasure. Just last week we found a dishwasher. We have been without a dishwasher the whole time we have lived in this house. Well there is one but it down not work. Also about a month ago I found a whole bunch of picture frames. Cool, antique looking ones. I can't wait to put my wedding pictures in those.

My husband and I found this awesome antique store in Fort Dodge, Iowa Called Lily Grace. They have the best stuff. New deals all the time and very reasonable prices. Oh man I love that store. My heart pitter patters whenever I see the new stuff come in on Facebook. The service there is so friendly too. We talked to the gal that owned it and she said to me and said how sad it would be that this generation would not have antiques because the quality of furniture would not last. That really is sad because when I was growing up I really loved the old stuff. Now things are made up of thick cardboard that is built to be destroyed so your repurchase it again and again.

Well it is time for me to head off and spend some time with the hubby.

God Bless.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment